Yarwun is an area of land available to support major industrial development. It is situated within the Gladstone State Development Area (SDA) - a large area comprising approximately 27,200 hectares
Location: Landing Road, Yarwun
Project area: 1,319.7 hectares
- 13 km from Gladstone city
- for large-scale industrial developments
- close proximity to Fishermans Landing and other port facilities
- access to rail infrastructure
- flexible land options tailored to your requirements
- direct road access to commercial and industrial suppliers in Gladstone via Port Curtis Way.
Yarwun is located north-west of Gladstone. It is a defined area of land dedicated for industrial development and materials transportation infrastructure.
The area supports economic development in a way that considers environmental, cultural and social issues as well as existing industry and surrounding infrastructure within the region.
The land is strategically positioned for industrial development with its close proximity to:
- the national highway
- rail infrastructure
- Gladstone Harbour - via a Materials Transportation and Services Corridor (MTASC) that connects the area to the Port of Gladstone.
Land uses considered suitable for Yarwun include:
- large-scale, large-footprint industrial development
- industrial development requiring access to strategic port logistics and maritime facilities
- port-related activities
- liquefied natural gas processing, storage and export facilities
- industries to support major industrial development
- established industries in the area include Orica, Transpacific, Rio Tinto, QER and Cement Australia
- materials transportation infrastructure and utility and service infrastructure
- gas transportation infrastructure and other compatible infrastructure.
Further information about the Gladstone State Development Area scheme.