GLADSTONE STATE DEVELOPMENT AREA
Find land to build your business at the Gladstone State Development Area (SDA), a unique offering in Australia: 27,194 hectares of land suited to large-scale, large-footprint industrial development. Benefit from excellent access to transport infrastructure, the Materials Transport and Services Corridor (MTASC), and more.
Situated 20km west of Gladstone – home to Queensland’s largest multi-commodity shipping port and a major industrial and export hub – the Gladstone SDA offers industrial land to suit a wide range of industries.
The land for sale is perfectly positioned with good infrastructure, adjacent to the Port of Gladstone. Economic Development Queenslands (EDQ) 11,000 hectares of land available for sale to support major industrial development is situated across two areas:
- Aldoga – 9,700 hectares of land located at Gladstone-Mount Larcom road, Aldoga, and
- Yarwun – 1,300 hectares of land located at Landing Road, Yarwun.
Find out more about the Gladstone State Development Area Scheme.
EDQ’s flagship renewable energy project at the Gladstone SDA
The Aldoga Renewable Energy Project is EDQ’s flagship renewable energy project – a solar farm that will:
- produce up to 480MW of sustainable, renewable energy
- provide energy equivalent to that consumed by approximately 234,000 homes (around 10 times the number of homes in Gladstone alone)
- feature approximately 1 million solar PV modules
- generate up to 350 construction jobs
- provide up to 10 full-time jobs once operational, and
- significantly help the Queensland Government reach its 2030 target of 50-percent renewable energy.
Yet another way that EDQ is helping Queenslanders to prosper.
Acciona Energy was selected to construct and operate the solar farm for 30 years. Construction is due to commence at the end of 2021 and be completed within approximately 12 to 18 months.
To find out more, visit Aldoga Solar Farm by Acciona.